Use images in your email signatures can sometimes be a bit complicated. Here are some quick tips on a few of the email clients available.
- Once you have opened Mac Mail go to the top menu and click on Mail then go to Preferences.
- Select the Signatures tab, then click the [+] plus button to add a new signature, or select an existing signature to modify it.
- Type the text you want for the signature.
- If you want to copy some HTML you can do this by copying the whole visual area but unclick the tick for “always match my default message font.
- Finally, to add your image or logo, go to Finder and find the image and drag and drop it into the Signature box of the Mac Mail.
- Done it is automatically saved!
- Open Gmail on your computer.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- In the “Signature” section, add your signature text in the box. If you want, you can format your message by adding an image or changing the text style.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail
Part 1: Create an HTML Signature Source File
- Open up Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail.
- From the File menu, click New and then Mail Message. The New Message window opens.
- From the Insert menu, select Picture… (Live Mail users select Insert | Image | Inline…)
- Navigate to the image file you wish to insert.
- Click the Open button. Your image should show in the New Message window.
- Optionally, you may add text.
- From the File menu, select Save As…
- Type your File name and select HTML as the file type.
- Close the open window.
Part 2: Link the HTML file to your Email Signature
Now that the file with your image and text is saved, you need to point your email program to it.
- From the Tools menu, select Options.
- Click the Signatures tab.
- In the Signatures section, click the New button.
- In the Edit Signature section, select the radio button for File.
- Click the Browse… button.
- Navigate to the HTML file you just created. You may need to change the file types list to HTML Files.
- Highlight your file and click Open.
- Check your desired Signature settings.
- Click OK.
- Open a new email message.
- On the Message tab, in the Include group, choose Signature > Signatures.
- Under Select signature to edit, choose New, and in the New Signature dialogue box, type a name for the signature.
- Under Edit signature, type the signature,
- To add an image select the Image icon, locate your image file, and select Insert.
- To resize your image, right-click the image, then choose Picture. Select the Size tab and use the options to resize your image. To keep the image proportions, make sure to keep the Lock aspect ratio checkbox checked.
- Choose OK to save your new signature and return to your message.
Other Mail Clients